by: Joe Barta
The USO at
Bagram Air Base in Afghanistan is in dire need of care packages with
snacks and treats to feed the troops during down times when the dining
facilities are closed. Take a look at the following requested items and
help make sure there are snacks for all the troops at Bagram Air Base.
1. HEALTHY SNACKS: Jerky, trail mixes, granola bars and fruit snacks are gobbled up!
2. DRINK MIX PACKETS: Did we mention it's hot out here? Water bottles are guzzled, so drink mix packets are gold! Gatorade, lemonade, iced tea, crystal light are all great options.
3. MICROWAVEABLE: Anything easy to microwave is quite popular and helpful with the limited resources here -- Easy Mac, LOTS OF POPCORN, cup o'noodles, Chef Boyardee, oatmeal. Snacks that come in their own bowl are FAVORABLE as dining wear can be hard to acquire.
4. NON-PERISHABLE: Tuna (can or packets), fruit cups, peanut butter/Nutella, soups, etc.
5. CHOCOLATE is great but it's still too warm right now and they will melt in the package. Please send LOTS during the winter months, so we can stock up for next summer!
We also need travel sized toiletries (shampoo, conditioner, body lotion, body wash, wet wipes, etc.) but we prefer that you send them in separate boxes as they can spill and nobody likes shampoo flavored cookies!
Please send all care packages to the following address:
Pat Tillman Memorial Center
APO, AE 09354