by: Winterville Baptist
The Winterville Baptist Church Scholarship Program was designed to honor the lives of Adelle F. Wall, Brenda W. Waters, and F. “K” Tyson, Jr. It is a need- based program which seeks to support educational expenses for students currently active in worship, Bible study and the ministries of Winterville Baptist Church. Awardees will be selected to receive the Adelle F. Wall-Brenda W. Waters Scholarship or the F. “K.” Tyson, Jr Scholarship from the eligible application pool.
- Current active participation in Worship, Bible Study and the ministries of Winterville Baptist Church (defined as a minimum of 1 year with plans to continue involvement into the future).
- Current enrollment in an educational program toward an associate, baccalaureate, or advanced degree, demonstrate a minimum cumulative GPA of 2.5 (on a 4.0 scale), and be in good standing. (Special one-time needs outside of the above educational programs may be presented to the committee for consideration)
- Have demonstrated merit and/or financial need.
FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS
How much is available through the fund?
The annual awards will be based on the interest earned on the fund balance. Deserving students may apply and receive funding annually for a maximum of 4 awards.
When should a student apply?
Students should apply for the Winterville Baptist Church Scholarship Program by December 1 annually.
What are the scholarship application procedures?
- Obtain an application from Winterville Baptist Church (252-756-5955) or download the form here
- A complete application must be submitted to Scholarship Committee, Winterville Baptist Church, PO Box.1669, Winterville, NC 29590 by December 1. A complete application includes:
- Two letters of recommendation (first time applicants only)
- A current transcript
- Personal Statement of Need (first time applicants only)